Our Mission, Vision and Values
Healing is our calling, and humankindness is our calling card. Each day, our people deliver acts of compassion to those in need without exception or exclusion. Dignity Health was founded on this principle and it continues to guide us into the future. We are proud to share our mission with you.
Dignity Health and our Sponsoring Congregations are committed to furthering the healing ministry of Jesus. We dedicate our resources to:
- Delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable health services
- Serving and advocating for our sisters and brothers who are poor and disenfranchised
- Partnering with others in the community to improve the quality of life
A vibrant, national health care system known for service, chosen for clinical excellence, standing in partnership with patients, employees and physicians to improve the health of all communities served.
Our values are the core principles that enable and inspire us to deliver humankindness. We keep our purpose simple yet powerful, and our goals ambitious yet attainable. Our values speak to the fundamental belief that every individual deserves to be treated with humanity and compassion.Our Core Values:
Dignity: Respecting the inherent value and worth of each person.
Collaboration: Working together with people who support common values and vision to achieve shared goals.
Justice: Advocating for social change and acting in ways that promote respect for all persons and demonstrate compassion for our sisters and brothers who are powerless.
Stewardship: Cultivating the resources entrusted to us to promote healing and wholeness.
Excellence: Exceeding expectations through teamwork and innovation.
At Dignity Health, living our values means putting our passion into action every day. It’s up to every individual to make sure humankindness is what people expect to receive when they come to Dignity Health, and the standard we expect from one another.
Our Values in Action program honors team members at facilities and corporate offices whose on-the-job actions consistently reinforce our values. Each day, these employees demonstrate new ways to spread humankindness and bring our values to life.
Diversity: Our Way of Life
We are dedicated to delivering humankindness to all people, including the sick, poor and disadvantaged. We serve diverse communities in three states, and each community we serve is as unique as every individual in our organization. For us, diversity is not just an initiative. It’s the true nature of who we are.
- We offer all employees the same opportunities for development and advancement.
- We reward teamwork and inclusion.
- We provide diversity training to all employees.
- We choose to support affirmative action when recruiting and advancing qualified people from all walks of life.
- We work tirelessly to free our employment practices from bias and barriers.
- We comply with all laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.
- We uphold our own principles of non-discrimination in recruitment, hiring, training, promotions, transfers, discipline, layoff and recall.
- We encourage participation in community activities, events and organizations.
- We offer benefits to all eligible employees in accordance with our ethics of non-discrimination.
- We uphold an open-door policy, so that all employees feel free to express their ideas, concerns.
Dignity Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.