RN CARE COORDINATOR
LOCATION: Dignity Health
DEPARTMENT: Arizona Care Network (ACN)
SHIFT: 8HOUR, Day
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
HRS PER PAY PERIOD: 80
JOB ID: 1700019080
The Arizona Care Network (ACN) is a clinically integrated physician network (CIN) established as a result of a Dignity Health and Tenet Health physician collaboration. The Embedded Care Specialist is an employee of MedProVidex, a physician support organization owned by Dignity Health.
The Embedded Care Registered Nurse (ECRN) is an individual with significant experience and demonstrated ability to engage providers and care teams in collaborative care , generation of better clinical outcomes, driving higher patient satisfaction with service delivery, and efforts to improve the cost-efficiency and value of service delivery.
In this role the ECRN supports the community clinical care teams in such a manner that the ECRN becomes an integral part of the local care team (either in-person or virtually) providing care coordination under the supervision of the patient’s personal clinician.
The ECRN also represents to the community clinical care teams ACN’s significant Population Health Management (PHM) capabilities in order to allow for the expansion and intensification of PHM activities within all care locations across the network, to include ambulatory and inpatient facilities. In this role the ECRN will provide actionable information that will allow each care team to take advantage of the risk-segmentation, risk-stratification, care gap analysis, clinical and financial benchmarking, and specialized Care programs and campaigns made available by ACN to all its collaborating clinical sites.
The ECRN works under the direct supervision of the ACN Manager Embedded Care with the ACN Chief Medical Officer having direct oversight of the clinical integrity. The RN will be working in the community, hospitals, provider offices, skilled nursing facilities, the ACN Command Center and other embedment opportunities to support patient care as available.
Plans and coordinates all phases of skilled nursing care coordination using a problem solving process that includes assessment, problem identification, goal definition, plan development, evaluation to achieve optimum patient outcomes. This position requires a successful track record of interaction with physicians, facility nursing staff, patients and their families, as well as all aspects of patient care management including referral development, assessment of patient clinical needs, and coordination of the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Concurrently reviews patient’s records to collect data to carefully understand the needs of the patient by scrutinizing their background history, understanding their current needs, and arranging for their wellbeing.
- Using industry guidelines, assesses appropriateness of admission, level of care, and length of stay.
- Coordinates with other disciplines to facilitate the patient’s individual needs. Makes plans to resolve unexpected care requirements. Anticipates and identifies variances in the care process related to those identified needs.
- Assists in development, implementation and revision of individual treatment plans; assures that services provided are specified in the Treatment Plan and monitors progress toward treatment goals, including documentation of daily improvement in patient’s condition or otherwise notes lack of improvement for reassessment of appropriateness of treatment plan.
- Communicates with the nursing home physicians, regularly, to evaluate the status of each patient. Collaborates with other team members to ensure appropriate interventions are implemented. These communications will be needed as frequently as is need to ensure care is appropriate according to patient status.
- Coordinates with other disciplines to facilitate the patient receiving the required care at the expected time including plan of care to reduce incidence or re-admission to acute care setting, including physical, occupational and rehabilitative therapy.
- Coordinates transfers to a lower level of care, home health referrals, and durable medical equipment delivery to facilitate discharge from skilled nursing facility.
- Measures effectiveness and outcomes of the care plan and collaborates with the health care team for quality improvement.
- Interacts with patient and family providing transition plan for treatment goals and post-discharge needs.
- Assesses and makes referrals to appropriate community resources to facilitate patient progression toward expected goals/outcomes.
- Has a working knowledge of the financial aspects related to a variety of payer sources.
- Reports weekly to the Director of Embedded Care or Medical Director for Quality and Utilization regarding patient status and identifies any potential risk management.
- Maintains case files and reports.
A) EXPERIENCE: Minimum 2 years experience as a Case Manager in a hospital, nursing home, medical group, or health plan setting.
B) EDUCATION AND TRAINING: Bachelor Degree in Nursing or equivalent experience ; Current Registered Nurse License in Arizona.
In business since 1993, Inland Health Organization of Southern California, Inc., now doing business as MedProVidex, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dignity Health. MedProVidex is a physician support organization that has historically provided physician practice and IPA management, but has expanded to support the infrastructure for Dignity Health’s Clinical Integration networks. In this capacity, MedProVidex provides local and corporate support resources to the Southern California Integrated Care Network (SCICN), the St. Rose Quality Care Network (SRQCN), Arizona Care Network (ACN), Sequoia Quality Care Network (SQCN), North State Quality Care Network (NSQCN), and future networks. MedProVidex is licensed to do business in California, Arizona and Nevada.
Dignity Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings. Learn more