Population Health Analyst
LOCATION: Dignity Health
DEPARTMENT: Arizona Care Network (ACN)
SHIFT: 8HOUR, Day
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
HRS PER PAY PERIOD: 80
JOB ID: 1700018612
The Arizona Care Network, LLC (ACN) is a clinically integrated (CI) physician network and Accountable Care Organization (ACO) that is a collaboration sponsored by Dignity Health and Abrazo Health. Our comprehensive health care network includes more than 4,000 providers and fourteen hospitals in Arizona. The Population Health Analyst is an employee of MedProVidex (MPV), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dignity Health, providing support to ACN.
The Population Health Analyst supports ACN’s population health initiatives by analyzing and compiling data from multiple systems and presenting the analysis in a meaningful format. The analysis will cover many areas of health care data including clinical, quality and financial. The Population Health Analyst has an understanding of population health analytics, and an understanding of clinical and claims based data systems and measures. This position will use ACN’s claim data warehouse, population health tools, electronic health record, and other reporting systems to provide clinical and claims related reporting and analytics. The Population Health Analyst will provide support for data integrity and data validation in the production of data that drives operations, financial and quality queries.
- Population Health Analyst has an understanding of population health analytics, and an understanding of clinical and claims based data systems and measures.
- This position will use ACN’s claim data warehouse, population health tools, electronic health record, and other reporting systems to provide clinical and claims related reporting and analytics.
- The Population Health Analyst will provide support for data integrity and data validation in the production of data that drives operations, financial and quality queries.
- Performs analysis and interpretation of data to demonstrate clinical and financial outcomes, within specified timeframes and frequencies.
- Analyzes and reconciles claims data for bundled payments, shared savings, and other payment innovation initiatives. Track success metrics and various reporting needs for participating facilities and as guided by relevant entities.
- From claims and other data provided by vendors and from payers prepares analysis of cost data to report financial performance of contracts.
- Develops trend analysis reports that monitor key performance indicators and compares them to internal and external benchmarks and uses this data to assist leadership in decision-making, planning and implementing performance improvement strategies. .
- Works with cross-functional team to identify research, gather and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources in order to compare, contrast and synthesize information.
- Assists with identifying statistically significant patterns and trends.
- Prepares and presents reports and recommendations for the leadership team.
- In collaboration with Director, Data Analysis, key stakeholders, IT, etc., designs and maintains regular dashboards on quality, financial information outcomes, population health management (PHM) measures, and other metrics.
- Assist ACN management with additional duties related to electronic health records, data support and analysis, and HIPAA security requirements not otherwise covered in the job description.
- Other duties as assigned.
A) EXPERIENCE: Five years finance or analytics experience in a Healthcare environment.
B) EDUCATION AND TRAINING: Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field(s) of study such as health administration, management information systems or business administration or equivalent experience required.
C) SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Advanced knowledge and use of both SAS and SQL.
- Knowledge of PHM.
- Strong background in program / project management.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in people/process management and planning.
- Strong leadership, presentation, communication (written/verbal) and information gathering and the ability to interact with various client groups.
- Ability to work within and manage an organization through significant organizational change.
- Ability to work in a complex and matrixed team environment; experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to create, manage and enhance customer and vendor relationships.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, schedule, and meet deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of MS programs e.g. Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Possess thorough understanding of business analysis techniques and tools.
- Proven abilities in problem management, process analysis and root cause analysis.
- Identification with and support of the Mission and Values of ACN and its Sponsors.
D) OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Reads, writes, interprets, and models technical or complex information. Communicates effectively in all mediums, including verbal, non-verbal, and especially written. Advanced knowledge and use of SAS, healthcare analytics, and the ability and desire to learn and grow independently.
In business since 1993, Inland Health Organization of Southern California, Inc., now doing business as MedProVidex, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dignity Health. MedProVidex is a physician support organization that has historically provided physician practice and IPA management, but has expanded to support the infrastructure for Dignity Health’s Clinical Integration networks. In this capacity, MedProVidex provides local and corporate support resources to the Southern California Integrated Care Network (SCICN), the St. Rose Quality Care Network (SRQCN), Arizona Care Network (ACN), Sequoia Quality Care Network (SQCN), North State Quality Care Network (NSQCN), and future networks. MedProVidex is licensed to do business in California, Arizona and Nevada.
Dignity Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings. Learn more