Pharmacist- Infectious Disease Specialist (Days / Full Time)
LOCATION: St. Joseph’s / St. Joseph’s Westgate Medical Centers
FACILITY: St Josephs Hospital Med Ctr
DEPARTMENT: PHARMACY - PERSONNEL
SHIFT: 8HOUR, Day
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
HRS PER PAY PERIOD: 80
JOB ID: 1600022739
The Clinical Pharmacy Infectious Disease Specialist provides clinical direction and leadership for the pharmacy. The pharmacist in this position actively participates in formulary management, pharmacotherapy services and drug therapy management.
The Clinical Pharmacy Infectious Disease Specialist:
- Acts as pharmaceutical consultant to provide drug information to physicians and nurses.
- Precepts pharmacy practice residents and pharmacy students
- Drives ASP development and implementation, and provides continued program oversight
- Acts as the pharmacy representative in all clinical, quality, and regulatory activities pertaining to the optimal use of anti-infective agents
- Participates as the Co-Chair on the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Antibiotic Subcommittee and ASP Team
- Contributes to P&T Committee activities at both local and system levels
- Performs quality assurance for kinetics programs and continually optimizes kinetics protocols based on outcomes analysis
- Completes medication use evaluations as appropriate
- Acts as the ID expert within the pharmacy department for the evaluation of non-formulary requests and drug information questions as they arise
Located in Phoenix, AZ this position is critical to the success of St. Joseph's Hospital Medical Center and requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Dignity Health.
- Specialized residency training or 3 years hospital pharmacy experience with greater than 50% of time spent providing direct patient care
- Graduate Degree in Pharmacy
- Arizona Pharmacist license
- PGY2 Residency and/or Fellowship in ID
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
- SIDP Antimicrobial Stewardship Certificate
- Experience in precepting both pharmacy residents within an ASHP accredited PGY1 pharmacy residency program and APPE students from ACPE accredited Colleges of Pharmacy
- Experience with Cerner
About UsHello humankindness
Located conveniently in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona,St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a 450+ bed, not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health, social and support services. We are extremely proud to be a nationally recognized center for quality tertiary care, medical education and research. St. Joseph's includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute, St. Joseph's Heart & Lung Institute, the University of Arizona Cancer Center at St. Joseph's, and St. Joseph's Level I Trauma Center (which is verified by the American College of Surgeons). The hospital is also a respected center for high-risk obstetrics, neuro rehabilitation, orthopedics, and other medical services.
U.S News & World Report routinely ranks St. Joseph's among the top hospitals in the United States for neurology and neurosurgery. In addition, St. Joseph's boasts the Creighton University School of Medicine at St. Joseph's, a strategic alliance with Phoenix Children's Hospital, and a partnership with The University of Arizona Cancer Center.
Founded in 1895 by the Sisters of Mercy, St. Joseph's was the first hospital in the Phoenix area. More than 117 years later, St. Joseph's remains dedicated to its mission of caring for the poor and underserved.
St. Joseph's is consistently named an outstanding place to work and one of Arizona's healthiest employers. Come grow your career with one of Arizona's Most Admired Companies
For the health of our community ... we are proud to announce that we are a tobacco-free campus.
Dignity Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings. Learn more